What Services Do We Have To Offer?
Here at Wearnes Jewellers, we are proud to be able to provide you with a variety of jewellery services and are happy to answer any inquiries you may have regarding them, in our shop, via website contact form, email or telephone.
The services we can offer include:
- Clock & Watch Repairs
- Fitting New Watch Batteries
- Jewellery Cleaning
- Jewellery Repairs & Ring Resizing
- Pearl Restringing
- Ear Piercing
To find out the important details of these services, please continue to read the rest of this page…
Clock & Watch Repairs
Wearnes Jewellers have been providing a repair service for most clock and watches for over 130 years, specializing in the majority of quality brands such as Rolex and Omega and making us an official Omega service point. We have an in-house watch and clock repairer who restores anything from Carriage to Grandfather, as well as this we can offer home repairs from those of you with larger clocks.
We provide free estimates of the repair before going through with anything, to make sure you are happy.
If you have any inquiries about this service then please contact us via email at email@example.com , phone at 01326 572154 or visit one of our Helston or Falmouth stores.
Quite often your jewellery can pick up dirt and lose it’s shine from day to day wear, we can provide you with a clean and polish service at our on-site facility for a charge of £10 (or depending on the quantity you bring in).
We can also offer you the collection of connoisseurs cleaning products so that you can do this from the comfort of your home.
Jewellery Repairs, Ring Resizing And Pearl Restringing:
Here at Wearnes Jewellers, we have a talented team of highly skilled gold/silversmiths, craftsmen and stone setters that pride themselves in their expertise when dealing with repairs. We have 150 years of jewellery repair experience, meaning we can offer you the very best advice when approaching the task at hand as well as working towards your personal requirements.
We understand that jewellery should be treated with love and care to maintain it’s original form, therefore we take great care when working with family heirlooms, precious possessions and designer jewellery, so that you can be assured that you’re leaving them in safe hands.
The types of service we can offer you include:
- Our finger measuring service – we can advise the suggested size for you when purchasing one of our rings or enlarging/reducing a ring.
- Enlarging or reducing rings in size – To enlarge a ring we can add gold, silver and platinum or, if the ring is thick enough, we can stretch it.
- Restoration service – If you have an older looking ring that shows a substantial amount of wear, we can restore it so that it comes back to you in the original, new condition it was once in. Bringing something aged and special to you, back to life.
- Supplying new stones and re-tipping claws – If you have a piece of jewellery where the stone has unfortunately fallen out of it or has been cracked, we can supply you with new stones such as Diamonds, Rubies and Sapphires.
- Re-rhodium plating – We can offer this service on-site at our very own Falmouth workshop.
- Re-modelling – Much like a commission, we can also take components of pieces that you already have but don’t like the current design of (e.g a stone out of a pendant), to produce something new.
- Restringing – We are able to restring broken beads or pearls.
Wearnes Jewellers have been making bespoke jewellery for many, many years.
Take a look and read just a few of the many stories that inspired customers to ask Sarah to commission designs for them, or remodel and renovate their existing items of jewellery. This is available on our commissions page, so please head over there for more information…
With the option to make jewellery even more special and unique, by incorporating our very own Cornish Tin & Gold mix, get in contact with us now if you have any ideas or designs.
Perhaps you have a special gemstone you want to do something unique with?Read More
Maybe you want to change the look of your Diamond ring? We will source the best gemstones worldwide and can provide you with any stone, in any size and grade desired; as well as a great range of ring shanks and styles from which to choose from.
All prices on application. For more in depth information on your Cornish jewellery commission, contact us today.
Wearnes are able to offer you written valuations from insurance down to probate.
If you have any inquiries about this service please phone, email or visit one of our stores.
At Wearnes we are committed to making sure your ear piercing experience is the best it can be by providing the safest most technologically-advanced ear piercing system available. The Inverness system safely & quickly pierces ears in three easy steps using a gentle hand-pressed instrument and sterile, pre-sealed, hypoallergenic piercing earrings.
The Inverness exclusive Safety Back shields the sharp piercing tip and prevents the earring back from being squeezed too tight. This provides ample space and airflow while the piercing heals.
Ear piercing is available on most Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays in our Helston branch only and is for ages six and above, at the price of £20-£50.
Please be in contact in order to book an appointment.